Switch Account

Battery Backup Beeping After Pressing Silence Button

Battery Backup Beeping After Pressing Silence Button

Highlighted
Contributor jg1
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,046 Views)

Hi. My battery backup unit is no longer necessary since I don't have a landline anymore. The unit was beeping so I removed the battery, but I don't want to replace the battery since I don't need it, but it is still beeping. When I press the silence the alarm button, it only lasts several hours and then begins beeping again. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 4
(1,026 Views)

Could you perhaps upload a picture of your BBS? I have one of the ancient ones myself. I pushed the button once after removing the battery, and I haven't had to since. I'm curious how yours is different.

[Be nice! We are mostly fellow Verizon customers.
My setup: 75/75 Mbps; Linux router (2x 1Gbps ports) + iptables; Linksys WRT1900ACS in Bridge Mode]
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 4
(1,002 Views)

There are a lot of different BBU models out there. Best thing to do is call Verizon and setup a technician visit to update your BBU to a power adapter. They don't have a battery and won't beep. You also won't be charged for the visit since it is Verizon equipment.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 4 of 4
(996 Views)

That's what I figured, too, @Edg1. I'd like to keep some notes on which BBUs behave and which don't.

I would point to Fix batteries issues --> How to stop the beeping to make sure that the button was held the full 10 seconds and such.

(Don't forget to recycle the old battery. Smiley Happy )

[Be nice! We are mostly fellow Verizon customers.
My setup: 75/75 Mbps; Linux router (2x 1Gbps ports) + iptables; Linksys WRT1900ACS in Bridge Mode]
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.