Battery Backup Beeping Notification
ratchetmom

I received a notification from FIOS that my backup battery needs to be replaced and that they detected it beeping.  It's not beeping but one day last week, we lost power twice for a very short period of time.  Could this be the reason that FIOS thinks I need to replace it?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Backup Beeping Notification
jonjones1
Legend

@ratchetmom wrote:

I received a notification from FIOS that my backup battery needs to be replaced and that they detected it beeping.  It's not beeping but one day last week, we lost power twice for a very short period of time.  Could this be the reason that FIOS thinks I need to replace it?

Is it beeping now?

if not don’t worry about it. They are more than likely trying to get you to spend unnecessary money on a battery. Even if you did need one they are very cheap at Home Depot or Lowe’s so don’t purchase from Verizon.

if you don’t have phone service it isn’t really needed. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup/beeping

This link will show you how to silence and remove it for good if not needed.

it also shows how to replace the BBU if you have phone service.

please note there is also a “power reserve unit” little black box separate from your ont which has an on/off switch which takes D cell batteries. If you have this simply take out the D cells to replace, or simply remove batteries and turn unit off.

Good Luck

0 Likes