Battery Backup
rburton12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have phone service and have no need to purchase a new battery, I am currently receiving the low battery beeping every 30 minutes.  I disconnected the battery and the beeping will not stop.  How can I disable the beeping?  Again, I do not want to throw away money for a battery that I do not need, just need to disable the beeping.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Battery Backup
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
rburton12
Enthusiast - Level 2

No luck, videos only explain how to swap a battery out.  I may just have to fork out the 15 bucks for a battery that I don't need.  Thanks for the response, appreciated.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello, according to some articles I was researching, it seems that you must have an older ONT, as the newer ones stop the beeping once the battery is pulled out.

Do you know if your installation was before/on 2013? 

If this is so, then according to the article:

... you should try asking Verizon for a replacement battery-backup unit. Verizon will replace “early-generation” backup devices at no charge...

I can't confirm if this statement is true or not, but it never hurts to ask support about it Smiley Happy

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JustinG wrote:

Hello, according to some articles I was researching, it seems that you must have an older ONT, as the newer ones stop the beeping once the battery is pulled out.

Do you know if your installation was before/on 2013? 

If this is so, then according to the article:

... you should try asking Verizon for a replacement battery-backup unit. Verizon will replace “early-generation” backup devices at no charge...

I can't confirm if this statement is true or not, but it never hurts to ask support about it Smiley Happy

My ont was installed in 2009.  If I disconnect the battery the beeping stops.

I'm still on the original battery.  The low charge battery test apparently happens only once a month  as beeping only occurs once a month.  I disconnect one of the battery terminals and reconnect it and it's silent again.  I guess I could just remove it but have never bothered to.

0 Likes