Switch Account

Battery replacement - cannot remove cable

Battery replacement - cannot remove cable

Highlighted
Copper Contributor Mohnkern
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(3,270 Views)

This is about the battery that Verizon installed in my laundry room (where the Internet comes in), not a UPS battery for my computers.

The Battery box in the Laundry room started beeping (meaning it needed replacing).  I ordered a new battery, and its definitely the right one.

I pulled the old battery out of the box, but cannot get the cable off the battery,  I pull at the point where the cable connects to the poles, and it is definitely "stuck hard."  The new battery doesn't have a cable.

Am I missing something on how to remove the cable from the battery?  Or can I get a new cable?

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(3,265 Views)

@Mohnkern wrote:

This is about the battery that Verizon installed in my laundry room (where the Internet comes in), not a UPS battery for my computers.

The Battery box in the Laundry room started beeping (meaning it needed replacing).  I ordered a new battery, and its definitely the right one.

I pulled the old battery out of the box, but cannot get the cable off the battery,  I pull at the point where the cable connects to the poles, and it is definitely "stuck hard."  The new battery doesn't have a cable.

Am I missing something on how to remove the cable from the battery?  Or can I get a new cable?

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup/backup-unit#disconnect

This may be of assistance. You could trry needle nose pliers at the connection. but do it gently.

Good Luck

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.