Being Prompted to enter network password
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1
Out of the blue, when I open my Outlook Express I am being prompted to enter my Network passwork. I tried clicking the box to save my password, but it won't work. The only thing that I can think of that is different is that right before this started happening, I got a message that my Verizon Security Suite was updated. Anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Re: Being Prompted to enter network password
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't used Outlook Express in quite some time but the password that you enter -- is that your email password?

Does it go through until you restart the program?

Could be possible you might have to double check your mail account settings.

0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

I set up to have my Verizon mail sent to Outlook Express and use OE for my email. The box is asking me for my Verizon network account name and password, so I think it must be something to do with the Verizon transfer of the email. I put in my password and check to save it, but the box just keeps popping up asking me the same question over anad over again. I am able to get my email in Outlook, but it shows an error in a box that also pops up for receiving email. It is really strange. Maybe when the Security Suite was updated, my transfer info was corrupted. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to fix it or where to go the check something. My computer skills are very basic so could just be a simple fix that I am unaware of.

0 Likes
robarch
I'm having the same problem, but with Outlook.  My mail settings are correct.  If I keep re-entering the information I eventually get through.  Maybe it's a server issue?
0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

That could be, because my problem is with Outlook as well. It worked fine before the Security Suite update and I never had to enter my account or password.

This is the error message I am getting: Task incoming Verizon.net. Receiving reported error (0x8000CCC92) Your email rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Mailbox is on a different server.

I went to Tools, Email accounts and it says: incoming.verizon.et POP/SMTP (Default).  Is that the one you're getting as well?

This is all Greek to me--I can't tell if that is correct or not or where to even go to check anything.

0 Likes
golfdude
This started happening to me yesterday, I think.  I have Outlook but the settings and such are the same as Outlook express.  I don't think it has anything to do with the Security Suite update you mentioned, because I don't have that on my computer.  As a matter of fact, I haven't made any changes on my computer for quite a while.  I think there is a problem with Verizon's server.  Everything was working fine for me until yesterday.  If I keep clicking on the OK button it finally goes away for a while.  I was planning on logging into my Verizon account and changing my password to see if this would fix the problem, but thought I would check the forums first to see if anybody else was having this problem.  I guess I am not alone.  I tried to change some of the different options in my account settings of Outlook and ran the "Test Account Settings".  No dice.  My settings are correct.  I am thinking of disabling my Verizon email account (I have a different primary account) in Outlook so the box stops popping up every 1 minute when it checks for new mail.  This is driving me crazy, but at least I am not alone.  Hopefully Verizon resolves this problem soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1
Yes, it sounds like we do have the same problem. I am hoping that with our posts maybe someone from Verizon that monitors the board might give us both a hand with this. You're right, it is very annoying! Can anyone help with this??
golfdude
Sometimes I get answers from Verizon employees on this forum.  Not very often though.  Most of the time I get answers from other customers who have figured out the solution to my problem.  I am going to send an email to Verizon support and see if I can get this resolved that way.  You might want to do the same.
0 Likes
golfdude
Okay, that didn't work.  Everytime I tried to fill in the boxes with the problem it would kick out a web page that they currently couldn't process that request.  Maybe they are working on the problem and all of their customer service people are tied up with solving this right now.  Yea, {please keep it relevant}
Message Edited by KaLin on 03-14-2009 11:14 AM
0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1
Ok. There are some pretty awesome people on the forums--maybe someone here can help us.
0 Likes