Being charged installation fees after multiple reps said all fees would be waived
luna1486

I recently moved to a building that is only wired for Verizon so I signed up for their internet only with the building's rep over the phone. He set me up for a self install and told me once I picked up my equipment all I had to do was plug and play. I plugged the router into the wall and had no internet connection. I called tech support and after almost 2 hours on the phone with the agent, I WAS THE ONE to figure out that my ethernet jacks were not working! The agent said that if a tech came out to fix the issue I would be charged an installation fee, I told him that I should not have to because it was not my fault the jacks in my unit were not working. I then called the original rep that signed me up and he took a whole week to get back to me only to pass along the issue to his account manager. The manager called customer care onmy behalf and told me they would waive all fees and have a tech come out asap to fix the jacks. The tech finally came and then tells me that because of the way the wiring was done he can only activate 1 of 3 jacks in my unit and that was as much as he could do. So I had to pick my living room jack. The next day I get an email from Verizon with a summary of estimated charged for my next month's bill which included an INSTALLATION FEE and a JACK WORK FEE broken up into installments! Upon calling the account manager back, he just repeated what the customer care lady told him and did nothing else. It has been a week and after making multiple calls to different departments at Verizon, no one wants to remove the fees! This is the most ridiculous and infuriating experience I have ever had with a cable provider! No one is helpful at all and the reps seem to lie to get you to sign up for whatever they can convince you of!

0 Likes
Re: Being charged installation fees after multiple reps said all fees would be waived
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi luna1486,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes