Beware: My internet & landline just jumped another $25 (on autodebit)!
helping

Watch out, your bill can jump way up when you have it on autodebit and you might not even notice. Verizon does not alert you to this--you could accidently bounce a check. Now I'm paying over $116/mth for simple phone and internet? I need new options, this is way too much. This time last yr I paid $83.41 for the same thing. Even that seemed like a lot. I never use anything--no voicemail, call fwd, international calls, nothing extra. Maybe I should drop internet and just do a pay per call plan or something--we all have cell phones already. Advice?

0 Likes
Re: Beware: My internet & landline just jumped another $25 (on autodebit)!
helping

And I've been a customer for 11 years--but no help when I called 😞 Everything is for introductory billing or contracts or other stuff I do not use. Maybe I should leave and go somewhere else for a year and then come back so I can qualify for intro deals?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you compare bill prior to increase and afterwards, are there discounts that went away? Or fees that were added?

Or is it just a service price increase?

Maybe add local TV service.

Sometimes adding TV service adds discounts make all servcies cheaper.

DO you have Fios Digital vocie which is delivered from ONT to your phone the same way, but it was cheaper for me when I switched.

0 Likes
helping

Thank you for your attempt to help. I had explored those options with the sales reps during my calls--there is no way to lower my bill because I have been a customer for too long for intro offers and everything else (various combinations of adding and subtracting services) raises my bill. Maybe I should leave and go somewhere else for a year and then come back so I can qualify for intro deals? Has anyone tried this? Advice? Thanks!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can do that.

Some have said it only takes 30 days.

Or if there is someone else at your address that could put the service in your name.

You didn't say if you compared bills to see what charges increased.

Just helpful in figuring out what options you might have.

You can also log in online and try combinations on your account to see what effect it has on your bill.

0 Likes