Bill Problems
jandke

I have been a loyal Verizon Fios customer for more than 7 years and until this past month I have been a strong advocate, recommending their service to friends and family.  However, based on some recent billings issues and my poor customer service experience trying to resolve this issue, I will never again recomment Verizon Fios.  In fact, I will warn friends and family to stay far away from Verizon. 

In October, my family moved and we chose to remain with Verizon.  When signing up for services in the new house, we chose a new package, trying to reduce our monthly expenses.  When I reviewed my bill in November, not only did my monthly cost not go down, they added an additional $500.  When I took a closer look at my bill, the additional charges were either renewal fees for services that I did not want or I was charged twice for services that I did want.  I called customer service and I was advised by the customer service rep that she would submit a request to credit my account for the charges.  After seeing only a fraction of the credits being credited to my account I again called customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor.  The individual that I spoke to (Rick) could not have been less helpful.  After first saying that the request to re-credit my account for the charges was returned to the customer service rep to be recalculated, he then finally admitted that the charges would not be re-credited after I kept pressing him as to when my issue would be resolved.  Rick (the supervisor) indicated that because the charges were related to an auto renewal feature for a service that I signed up for last year and that I did not respond to an email that was supposedly sent to me in September, that the amount was a valid charge.  I asked for a copy of the email that was "sent" to me and to no suprise I have yet to see a copy of this email.  When signing up for the service, it was not clear to me that it would be renewed annually.  Had I known that, I would have NEVER signed up for the service.  This is a SCAM, hoping that customers do not respond to their emails, allowing them to charge the customer for another year of service.  If thinking of signing up for services with Verizon beware of hidden stipulations.  I plan on filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney Generals office.

To date, I have yet to be credited for any charges that were billed to me twice.  Be careful, look at your bill closely!

Upon researching this situation on line, it is clear that I am not the only customer experiencing this problem.   Verizon believes that their customers have no recourse in addressing these issues.  For anyone experiencing the same issue, file a compliant with the Better Business Bureau and your state attorney's office to force them to respond to their business practice.

0 Likes
Re: Bill Problems
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
fixrman

Good luck! Verizon has some of the worst billing practices anywhere. Every time there is a problem, which is usually often unless one is not checking statements, it takes hours of wrangling to follow up and get things corrected. They do not honor agreements and continually try to sneak new charges onto a customer's bill.

I feel your pain.

0 Likes
KPI1

I subscribed to Verizons' two year Fios bundle that was advertised at $79.99 a month which actually came to $104.99 a month after all the hidden charges.  I figured, OK, fair enough.  It's Verizon.  When the first bill arrived they deducted $114.99 from my bank account.  When I complained they told me basically to go to ----, so I submitted a complaint to the state cable control board.  Of course, nothing happened.  Now after one year, I find them deducting $127 a month from my bank account without any authorization to change our 'contractually agreed upon' monthly payment.  Are there any legal experts out there that can tell me, is this unauthorized electronic dedution of funds from my bank account by Verizon any different from electronic theft that would be perpetrated by a hacker?   I give access to my bank account information to this corporation trusting that they have the integrity not to steal from me, and this happens. I fully intend to see what will happen if I report this theft from my bank account to the authorities to see if I can get these funds returned to my bank account.

0 Likes
jandke

Most likely Verizon will tell you that there was a special offer that expired...resulting in the higher monthly bill.  If you're account is set up to automatically debit from your bank account,  you can go on line and remove the authorization.  It won't solve the issue with your bill increasing, but at least it will not automatically be deducted from your bank account.

0 Likes