Bill from CMR Claims Department
colleenmc1

The cord to my internet outside of the house was cut and I called verizon for repairs.  I explained to them the nature of the damage and how it was caused.  They assured me that I would not be charged for the repair and even put notes in my account detailing as much.  I receive a bill from CMR for $403.73 for 20 minutes of work!  outrageous.  First, I was told I wouldn't have to pay it, second, why is the amount so ridiculous?  How do I go about getting verizon to stand by their word?  When I call they claim no knowledge of this bill.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR Claims Department
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the homeowner or contractor damages the fiber it is a billable. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@colleenmc wrote:

The cord to my internet outside of the house was cut and I called verizon for repairs.  I explained to them the nature of the damage and how it was caused.  They assured me that I would not be charged for the repair and even put notes in my account detailing as much.  I receive a bill from CMR for $403.73 for 20 minutes of work!  outrageous.  First, I was told I wouldn't have to pay it, second, why is the amount so ridiculous?  How do I go about getting verizon to stand by their word?  When I call they claim no knowledge of this bill.

There is a moderator here LawrenceC who may be able to give you the phone number and email address to fix this situation. I have seen him help others to be able to contact them.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi colleenmc,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.