Bill jumped from $52 to $92 with no changes?!
josephcotten
Enthusiast - Level 2

God knows I don't want to call in and be stuck on the phone forever, so I'm posting here instead. I've been on the same FIOS plan for 3 years, paying $52. My bill suddenly jumped to $92 for no reason that I can see. Is this standard practice?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bill jumped from $52 to $92 with no changes?!
josephcotten
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: it turns out we were on a 3 year contract at a discounted rate. The contract expired last month and we don't recall any notice of the expiration. They probably included it in a bill but I didn't notice it. As a consequence, they upped the bill amount. We had to renegotiate a new contract to get the price back down.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prices do go up.  A $52 price sounds like a special discount price that probably expired.

Remember you are talking to peers so we don't have access to why your cost went up.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@josephcotten wrote:

God knows I don't want to call in and be stuck on the phone forever, so I'm posting here instead. I've been on the same FIOS plan for 3 years, paying $52. My bill suddenly jumped to $92 for no reason that I can see. Is this standard practice?

Wow $52 for 3 years. That’s a great price! What service do you have? Internet only?

TV only? Or a combo of service? 

Like the other replyer said prices do go up, but I agree that increase is crazy. Now if you had a discount like $10 & $25 which expired that would cover most of that increase. If you had a further discount that would account for the rest. 

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

If you have any previous bills, go back and look for specific discounts and when they expired.  My swag is that you were a new customer 3 years ago and got an agreement for a set price for 3 years --- and the honeymoon is over. 

josephcotten
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could be. I’ll give them a call; it’s good to see that this isn’t necessarily a common jump though. 

Im on Internet-only FIOS 50/50. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@josephcotten wrote:

Could be. I’ll give them a call; it’s good to see that this isn’t necessarily a common jump though. 

Im on Internet-only FIOS 50/50. 

Thanks!

You are paying too much for 50/50 internet only.

gigabyte internet is around $69 a month.

0 Likes
josephcotten
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: it turns out we were on a 3 year contract at a discounted rate. The contract expired last month and we don't recall any notice of the expiration. They probably included it in a bill but I didn't notice it. As a consequence, they upped the bill amount. We had to renegotiate a new contract to get the price back down.

0 Likes
Manson

I noticed different amount every month billed to me.  My plan did not change and I am skepitcal about these ghost chanrges.  I am looking into them.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you compared bill month to month to see what charges are different?

Are you under contract?

0 Likes