Switch Account

Bizzare Verizon Fios Firewall Issue (Slow connection)

Bizzare Verizon Fios Firewall Issue (Slow connection)

Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(2,487 Views)

I have Fios and a MI424WR Rev .I Router and struggle with lag and latency with all call of duty games. Now Im not the only one but Ive been having this issue for a while now Ive tried everything from port forwarding to DMZ and I have a wired connection. I had Verizon installed recently and my down and upload speed are where they should be. Throughout my research I think its due to a firewall issue that I cant seem to pinpoint. Something is slowing my connection and it frusturates me to not know.My router automatically Port forwards ONLY port UDP 3074 when I turn on the console and connect to live. I dont have a UpNp option anymore on my router due to the new firmware so I cant disable it. This makes DMZ conflict with the port forwarding rule and it wont work. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Id appreciate all the help I can get.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(2,394 Views)

Can someone please help me? im bumping this thread up because no one has answered in a while

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(2,387 Views)

You might try this hidden UPnP page in the rev. I.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=900

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.