Block G1100 MACs but NOT on the Guest Network?
tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Made mistake of divulging 2.4 and 5.0 password. Have about 40 devices on network. All will be well if I can block a MAC address without blocking it on the Guest Net. Any way to do this?

FYI I have a Netgear Access Point for the Guest network.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block G1100 MACs but NOT on the Guest Network?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, I am not aware of any other features on the G1100 that can achieve what you are describing. I know G1100 can block a MAC address from accessing the Internet, but you want to block the access to other devices on the same network. This feature is not generally found on consumer-grade routers.

I would recommend you to buy either a business-grade access point or a business-grade router.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

May you elaborate your desired configuration? MAC-address filtering is not a feature anymore on the G1100.

tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My config is pretty simple. I  have the default 2.4 and 5.0 enabled (same password), using WEP, and am broadcasting SSIDs. I needed more range on my Guest so I added an NG3700 extender and set is as Access Point. I gave it a static IP. It works very well.

On Extender I enabled and broadcast Guest Ext 2.4 and Guest Ext 5.0 I want to give only Guest access to the user that I accidentally gave my regular Net password to, without having to change regular password for 40 devices. 

Does this answer your configuration question?

If MAC filtering does not work anymore, I don't know what to try.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, I am not aware of any other features on the G1100 that can achieve what you are describing. I know G1100 can block a MAC address from accessing the Internet, but you want to block the access to other devices on the same network. This feature is not generally found on consumer-grade routers.

I would recommend you to buy either a business-grade access point or a business-grade router.

tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank You for your assistance.