Block Internet Access
DutchW

I need to know if there is a way I can block/control my step-son's access to the internet from his laptop.  I went into my router and when I chose the "block internet access" the test computer in my list was still able to go online.  Also, when I deleted the XBoxes from the router, ther re-appeared as if not touoched.  Please advise.

Dutch

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block Internet Access
jonjones1
Legend

@spadez23pr wrote:

listen, your method to block there really just sucks. **bleep** somehow still connect and use internet, how about making a better system. btw i hate apple phones, and where i live nobody with iphones. therefore i suggest making something that actually works and how about a for example BLOCK ALL IPHONES NO MATTER IP ADDRESS. i prefer something like that, n lets see if my roommates buddies are going to log in and slow my **bleep** gaming down. they are not paying for the services and today **bleep** dnt respect even if you tell them so i rather have a way to block all iphones. make something useful that actually works.

You know with all that ranting the easiest solution is to simply change your network password to stop others from using your network. 

I dont know what issues you have with iPhones or iDevices which are made better, last longer, and are the device most people carry. I own 3 of them and they are far superior to Android devices in my opinion.

their iPads and iPods are top sellers and their new AirPods are so popular you cannot find them in stores they go fast. Their new selection of iMac and laptops are outselling the competition.

but in any case I think changing the wifi password for your network will solve your issue of people connecting.

you could use guest wifi mode to those others and set a time limit for the network to be up.

its in your router manual.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

A few things.  Make sure you are blocking the correct laptop.  Go into the laptop and verify the IP address of the laptop.

Once you know the IP go under MY NETWORK in the router.

Find the laptop by IP and if you haven't already give it a name for example Joes_Laptop

Then select Block Internet Services next to his laptop or you can choose Firewall Settings, Access Control

CLick the red ADD

Select Joes_Laptop

Protocol should be ANY

When should this rule occur ALWAYS

Select Apply

Then select RESOLVE

Then Choose APPLY

This should block his laptop from the Internet.  See the screen shot below which is blocking Internet for a PC on my home network called desktop.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Can also use parental controls to control hours, sites, or complete access.

0 Likes
deedee1966

Dutch, you are one step ahead of me.  I can't seem to find out anywhere on all the various verizon pages and verizon ads to even get to the place where I can block my internet.  They don't seem to make that easy to find.  Someone help me.   I'm about ready to chuck it all in for another less complicated easier to use service.

I need to block my son's xbox and set time limits on the internet and cannot find out how.  Searches and support only give me preset questions and none of them are blocking devices in your home.

0 Likes
deedee1966

And where do you find these parental controls in all the noise on the pages?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Connect to the VZ Provided Router:

http://192.168.1.1

Choose Parental Control from the top menu bar

Parental Controls is a function of the in-home router, not the internet service.

Jim

0 Likes
garrydhal

Hi,

Thanks for the information I am able to get to the following screen and get status "Active" but devices are still able to connect to the internet. 

0 Likes
concerend_mom

did you ever find an answer to this?

0 Likes
spadez23pr

listen, your method to block there really just sucks. **bleep** somehow still connect and use internet, how about making a better system. btw i hate apple phones, and where i live nobody with iphones. therefore i suggest making something that actually works and how about a for example BLOCK ALL IPHONES NO MATTER IP ADDRESS. i prefer something like that, n lets see if my roommates buddies are going to log in and slow my **bleep** gaming down. they are not paying for the services and today **bleep** dnt respect even if you tell them so i rather have a way to block all iphones. make something useful that actually works.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@spadez23pr wrote:

You know with all that ranting the easiest solution is to simply change your network password to stop others from using your network. 

I dont know what issues you have with iPhones or iDevices which are made better, last longer, and are the device most people carry. I own 3 of them and they are far superior to Android devices in my opinion.

their iPads and iPods are top sellers and their new AirPods are so popular you cannot find them in stores they go fast. Their new selection of iMac and laptops are outselling the competition.

but in any case I think changing the wifi password for your network will solve your issue of people connecting.

you could use guest wifi mode to those others and set a time limit for the network to be up.

its in your router manual.

Good Luck