Block internet access for a device and only allow out on a certain port on the G3100
IMTheNachoManVZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not 100% sure the G3100 can do this so I thought I would try here.

I know how to block internet access for a device by using Access Control.

But how can I make it so everything except certain ports are blocked? So I want to block everything out but then allow port 123 out.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block internet access for a device and only allow out on a certain port on the G3100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can achieve this at the same place where you found Access Control. With the newest firmware, exclude feature is removed. So you would need to define many ranges skipping the desired port.

Much easier to do if you have a secondary layer 3 device on your network, such as a smart switch with Access Control list.

View solution in original post

Re: Block internet access for a device and only allow out on a certain port on the G3100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can achieve this at the same place where you found Access Control. With the newest firmware, exclude feature is removed. So you would need to define many ranges skipping the desired port.

Much easier to do if you have a secondary layer 3 device on your network, such as a smart switch with Access Control list.

IMTheNachoManVZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see. Thank you!