Brand new Customer receiving a new service and scheduling
Wbaker071

I am beyond frustrated at this moment . I was very excited when I signed up for my Verizon internet service.  The sales representation waa extremely friendly and positioned the service as though it was awesome. However since that call everything has been abysmal. First was service date was scheduled incorrectly.  I saw the error in the application and corrected this. I originally was told I could do a self installation. However when I called to communicate the wrong installation date so was told I had to have a technician install my service . This service was scheduled for April 3, 2017 from 9am - 12pm. The application reflected the agreed upon service installation date . However on April 3rd no technician cane to my property.  At 12:30pm I called to inquire.  I was told I was scheduled for a self installation. This did not make any sense since the application and corresponding order number stated otherwise . I was also told that I would be charged $129.99 if a technician cane out. Finally I was told I could do a self installation since the service had been connected from the office.  I was also told I could purchase my own modem and router and then activate my service.  I activated my service,  however 24 hours later my service still does not work. I have wasted countless amount of my time on hold. I have been told conflicting information multiple times. Now I am being told I need a technician installation again. However that would not be available until 4-13. That's ten days after no one came to my original appointment . I feel as though this level of service is inexcusable. I had much higher expectations from Verizon. O am now on been on the phone for over an hour, mostly on hold trying to be this resolved. I am very disappointed. I honestly feel as though cancelling my service would be the best option. Someone should contact me on order to appropriately resolve this matter. 

0 Likes
Re: Brand new Customer receiving a new service and scheduling
jonjones1
Legend

@Wbaker071 wrote:

I am beyond frustrated at this moment . I was very excited when I signed up for my Verizon internet service.  The sales representation waa extremely friendly and positioned the service as though it was awesome. However since that call everything has been abysmal. First was service date was scheduled incorrectly.  I saw the error in the application and corrected this. I originally was told I could do a self installation. However when I called to communicate the wrong installation date so was told I had to have a technician install my service . This service was scheduled for April 3, 2017 from 9am - 12pm. The application reflected the agreed upon service installation date . However on April 3rd no technician cane to my property.  At 12:30pm I called to inquire.  I was told I was scheduled for a self installation. This did not make any sense since the application and corresponding order number stated otherwise . I was also told that I would be charged $129.99 if a technician cane out. Finally I was told I could do a self installation since the service had been connected from the office.  I was also told I could purchase my own modem and router and then activate my service.  I activated my service,  however 24 hours later my service still does not work. I have wasted countless amount of my time on hold. I have been told conflicting information multiple times. Now I am being told I need a technician installation again. However that would not be available until 4-13. That's ten days after no one came to my original appointment . I feel as though this level of service is inexcusable. I had much higher expectations from Verizon. O am now on been on the phone for over an hour, mostly on hold trying to be this resolved. I am very disappointed. I honestly feel as though cancelling my service would be the best option. Someone should contact me on order to appropriately resolve this matter. 

Try this link

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

If you contact them politely they may be able to assist you.

what I would have done on the first snafu would be to have cancelled the whole order and then done it again. However via calling the 1-800-VERIZON and saying cancel service you may be able to have a retention rep give you assistance.

i know that sounds crazy. Many times retention departments can work miracles when regular reps cannot assist.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Brand new Customer receiving a new service and scheduling
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Wbaker071,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal

0 Likes