Re: Bridge G1100 So Your Router Becomes Primary
cuttyhunk

i know this post is old, but hopefully this will work.  i am much less tech savvy as it relates to everything you described below, but wanted a mesh router.  so got the google nest, basically turned off wifi on the G1100, took ethernet cable from LAN to plug into the new wireless router and it all seems to be working fine without doing everything else, but i fear by not doing everything else it will fail at some point.  we do have tv, internet and wifi, but my impression was the coax being plugged into the back of the G1100 and the internet passing through it as it's still be used as modem means the guide function, which is really all i care about, will still work on the tv. 

just figure if i'm not maximizing something i should try and figure that out now. 

thanks. 

0 Likes
SPAT1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Awsome, this totally worked for me! Thank you 🙂 My NetGear Orbi system is now the primary router and the G1100 is serving up phone and cable TV and I got my OnDemand and TV Guide back. Thanks bunches!

0 Likes
No Digital Voice after: Bridge G1100 So Your Router Becomes Primary
ultradianguy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi - I followed jrmonta's set of steps and it worked perfectly - I have internet through my EdgeRouter 4 and all the tv services work.  However, I just discovered I have no phone service - no dial tone, no ability to call.

I realized that this hasn't come up in most of the discussions - I imagine most people just use their cells now.

I'm hoping there are just some additional set up steps, ports to forward, etc.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: No Digital Voice after: Bridge G1100 So Your Router Becomes Primary
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ultradianguy1 wrote:

However, I just discovered I have no phone service - no dial tone, no ability to call.

Plain Old Telephone line is not affected either you use your own router or Verizon's. The telephone line comes out of the ONT and should directly connect to your phone sets, either being corded or cordless.

Re: No Digital Voice after: Bridge G1100 So Your Router Becomes Primary
ultradianguy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks - I think the technician pulled it out thinking it wasn't necessary.  

0 Likes
curious100

Would like to make my eero mesh router the primary, but my wan connection is a coax cable not ethernet. Can I still make the eero the primary?

0 Likes
user331649

This worked for me using a Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh setup.  

Anyone have success replacing the G1100 with a MOCA adpater?  If so any details on configuration or setup?

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
cmckaskle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a question based on the setup provided by jrmonta. I previously have performed this setup and have everything working as described. We recently changed our Verizon Fios package and they shipped us a new router (CR1000A) with needing to ship our old Verizon Router back (G1100). Do i just need to follow the steps associated with number 1, with the CR1000A, since things are already going through my personal router as in Steps 2+?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes