Broken Verizon Cover-Help please
evette142

I live in Brandywine Preserve, a newer community in Honey Brook Pa. My family and I have lived there almost 2 years. There are about 28 homes in the development and Verizon has installed in-ground utility boxes in between almost every home. They were installed when the development was in the beginning stages. After we moved in to our home we contacted the builder and the township about the boxes. Both the builder and the township said it was Verizon's responsibility to fix the boxes because Verizon owns them. Every home, with the exception of maybe 5 homes, have small children. The issue is the covers for the inground boxes are cracked and broken. When it rains  they fill with water and the lids float off, that would be for the boxes that still have covers. Some are missing, but most of them are cracked and do not fit over the holes. The holes are about 2 feet wide by 1.5 feet wide and about 2 feet deep. They are a safety hazard and its just a matter of time before a child falls ands gets hurt. For the past year I have been calling Verizon to have the inground utility boxes fixed. I call to report the problem and  they say a work order will be put in and someone will be out. No one from Verizon has every showed up or called and I have had to call back numerous times.They finally sent someone out the last time I called. The gentleman came out and looked and said he would put in a work order. That was months ago. Our neighbor has also been calling Verizon about the broken box on his property...Verizon finally came out and fixed his. However, they would not fix the one on our property because there was no work order!!  I have a 2 year and a 3 year old, it's only matter of time before our children or one from the neighborhood fall and get seriously hurt. I'm assuming the cost to repair the utility box would be much cheaper than having to pay medical bills for an injured child.  Just a side note, we do not have Verizon as a service provider. I am hoping to get a response from Verizon from this email. I read a previous post in which someone was having the same issue and Verizon finally fixed the problem. 

0 Likes
Re: Broken Verizon Cover-Help please
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi evette142,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
IN NEED OF REPAIR (IT HAS BEEN 3 YEARS)
evettemartin

I posted on this forum before in regards to a needed repair which Verizon has repeatedly neglected to repair.This time I am including pictures. My family and I live in a newer development in Honey Brook PA.  Verizon has several underground/recessed boxes throughout the development. Most were in need of repair. They pose a danger to the children who live in the development as well as some pets. Our neighbor called and suddenly Verizon came out and repaired the unit on his property. The repair person would not repair the unit on our property because he needed a repair ticket. So we called and a repair ticket was created. Someone from Verizon came out and told us a work order was put in and someone would contact us because he didn't make the sort of repair that was needed. So, this is my last attempt to resolve the issue. Every time it rains the hole fills with water and the cover floats off. The hole is now filled with debris and mud with wires exposed. We are going to cover the hole with dirt to prevent our children from getting seriously injured. We will wait 2 weeks to give Verizon one last chance to repair the box. After 2 weeks we will remedy the situation to prevent our children from getting injured. Thank You

The lid/cover in the photo floats away every time it rains and we have to continually find it and replace it.

0 Likes
Re: IN NEED OF REPAIR (IT HAS BEEN 3 YEARS)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi evettemartin,

We have sent you a Private Message.  Please check your Private Message Inbox at the top right corner of this page. It should look like this -->>

0 Likes
Re: IN NEED OF REPAIR (IT HAS BEEN 3 YEARS)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi evettemartin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes