07-31-2013 07:42 PM
11-18-2013 12:56 PM
It's been many years since your post, but for future users this worked for me.
I have a a Brother MFC-7840W and recently purchased a Verizon router MI424WR (newest generation). We had problems setting up a wireless Brother connection with the previous Verizon router as well.
I easily connected wirelessly to our 2 Windows-based laptops and to our HP color printer. The problem was connecting to the Brother wireless printer.
Here's what finally worked for us:
1. Reboot the Brother printer (that is, get back to the original factory settings).
2. The "SecureEasySetup" didn't work, so we had to use the Brother "Setup Wizard."
3. Choose the correct SSID.
4. Choose authentication "WPA/WPA2-PSK"
5. Choose "AES"
6. Enter your 16 digit WEP key.
7. You should get a "connection" message on your Brother.
8. I still couldn't print, so I..
9. Went into my PC's "Control Panel" and chose "Devices and Printers".
10. REMOVE any Brother printers, then choose "Add a printer" to add back the Brother!!
11. Then we turned the Brother off then back on..and
12. Voila, we could print wirelessly.
Hope this helps. It was very frustrating to say the least. Thank goodness I have a genius wife.
11-18-2013 04:56 PM
I didn't read through the response but I had the same issue. I spent hours trying to figure it out b\c it looked good but it wouldn;t work! That is, until I.....UNPLUGGED THE FRICKIN" ROUTER!!!! Seriosuly, once I did that and then connected to it via USB cable and did the settup, it worked fine wirelessly from my phone, laptop and tablet.
11-20-2013 04:50 PM
Have any of you having problems reached out to Brother about these connection problems? I am sure their standard response is "talk to your service provider". But if all other wifi devices in your house connect easy cheesy but this Brother is giving you such problems.... anyways just wondering if anyone had talked with Brother and if so what did they say?
10-06-2014 10:58 AM
Thank you thank you! Everytime I have an internet crash my Brother printer's wireless crashes and it takes me forever to reboot. I now have your instructions saved on my computer. You have saved my life!!!
06-25-2020 08:02 AM
As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.