Business FIOS provisioned for 35/35 only receiving 15/2
droberts3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Business FIOS 35/35 with 29 static IP addresses. It has worked great and has been rock solid for years until the past couple months. I have finally had time to do some measurements and I consistently measure approx 14/1.5. It is almost like the service had glitched back to my original 15/2 plan before several upgrades. 

I run carrier class Cisco gear on my end and I have tested outside my firewall with the same result.  Unfortunately I am experiencing the usual multi hour hold when I try to reach the fiber solution center tonight.  I would like to get someone to rebuild the circuit and reprovision the ONT.  I have tried power cycling the ONT including removing the battery so it really does power cycle. 

Does anyone know of a mechanism at some Verizon web site to request a circuit rebuild? 

Re: Business FIOS provisioned for 35/35 only receiving 15/2
droberts3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did finally reach someone who was able to request the circuit rebuild for me.  The rebuild did correct my issues.  I will have to run speed tests more often to see if this happens again.  The cause was described as a "missing cross connect".  Can anyone interpret that for me?  If there was a missing physical connection I would expect no data to flow.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would expect the same thing, if it was missing, then it can't pass traffic.  Maybe they meant that it was mis programmed.   The odd thing is, that a cross connect is simply that, and doesn't carry any programming for speed controls, it's just "point a goes to point b" .   o_O   Kinda like a cross over cable, but in a software sense.

So the person may simply have been miseducated, or the person they were talking to was rattling off a bunch of stuff as they were working on it, and that was all that stuck with the rep?       At either rate, glad to hear you are working again   

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

cross connects is the term they use for the provisioning of the data line. Basically it is a virtual line to the premise that tells your fiber how to handle the data traffic. It is likely they mis-spoke. It was likely a corrupted cross connect rather than a missing cross connect. They likely went into the computer, cleared the settings and re-entered the correct settings. Sort of like re-loading drivers on a computer.