Business Fios, residential frustration
mbixby1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm an early Fios Internet adopter in Huntington Beach, CA.  I've had Business Fios Internet from day one from my home because of 1) the availability of static IP addresses and 2) terms of service that allow me to run servers.

I am not a business.  I'm just a geek.  But VZ systems can't seem to comprehend residential users with Business Fios.

I would like to price upgrading to the Fios Triple Play.  The Residential bundle wizard knows nothing of Business Fios pricing.  And if I try to use the Business bundle wizard, it wants me to log in with a business account or phone number which I don't have because I am really residential.  So I'm in a Catch-22 situation.

I'm resigned to having to phone a human and wait for a long time listening to that awful VZ hold music.  And then the human will say "I can't help you" and transfer me to somebody else, assuming I don't get dropped in the process.  Sigh.

If there is anybody out there reading this who is in a similar situation (residential use of Business Fios), PLEASE tell me the magic words to say to a VZ human to get my account situation fixed (if such a thing is possible) so that every contact with VZ is not so aggravating.

Thanks....

PS: Don't get me wrong.  Fios Internet has been insanely great in terms of speed and reliability.  But talking to VZ is reliably awful due to my hybrid business/residential situation.

Re: Business Fios, residential frustration
maximuskid3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Despite what others may lead you to believe. The wait on the phone isn't that long. 5-10 mins top if you know what time of the day to call. Usually 9-11 am and after 1pm are best time to get a real person to talk. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes. i don't think my call went to a local office but a phone bank somewhere but wherever they were, there were very helpful.

Also, why would you want to pay more on a business account when you're just a residential without a business? Seems shady to me.

mbixby1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pay more for Business Fios because I need static IP addresses and the Terms of Service that allow me to run servers without hassle.

And when I phoned VZ support two weeks ago, I was on hold for a cumulative 45 minutes until I got to speak to a second level person.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

SInce you're paying for FiOS Business service, haven't you tried logging in using your Verizon Username and Password through the smallbusiness.verizon.net site? I would imagine, from previous experience with Verizon's Business services that once you do such a thing, your business account details would be brought up and give you options to add bundles/customize service.

I would imagine, for TV service including 35Mbps/35Mbps Static IP FiOS and Unlimited calling, it would price out to be around $120-160 a month (I'm unaware of any taxes in Huntinton Beach that are imposed, along with the fact that the prices I'm seeing are possibly introductary).

0 Likes
mbixby1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The business bundle wizard only lets you select certain details without logging in.  To fully customize your TV service, you must log in with a business ID.  The ID I created when first obtained Business Fios service is not recognized by this login screen (but is recognized by the small business portal).  The business bundle wizard will also accept a business phone number for logging in, but the two phone lines I have are residential, not business, and thus rejected if I try them.

And attempting to register a new user by service street address is futile because it detects that services already exist there and insists that I use the prior established login (which is not deemed a full-blown business login).

Grrr.

I will probably just have to endure VZ phone purgatory on Monday.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK. Best of luck in getting this problem solved 🙂

0 Likes
mbixby1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I phoned VZ today.  Because I have Business Fios (for a 5-block of static IPs), the only way I can Triple Play is by doing it all on the business side.  So my voice service is going to be moved from the residential side of VZ to the business side, and the new TV service will also be business.  The install date is Thursday 9/22.

In theory once all of my VZ services are pure business and no longer a residential/business hybrid, it should make managing my services easier.