Buying G1100 from ebay
ltodiy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am currently using my personal netgear router connected to ONT ethernet and a moca bridge to connect to STB. Everything is working fine, however the configuration is not supported by Verizon. One way of getting to supported config is to get G1100 from Verizon which $10 per month or $199. I can buy the same router from ebay for around $110. If I buy it of ebay, would that be treated by Verizon support as Verizon router or would that still be considered unsupported configuration?

Thanks for your help.

--

ltodiy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Buying G1100 from ebay
Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ltodiy wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using my personal netgear router connected to ONT ethernet and a moca bridge to connect to STB. Everything is working fine, however the configuration is not supported by Verizon. One way of getting to supported config is to get G1100 from Verizon which $10 per month or $199. I can buy the same router from ebay for around $110. If I buy it of ebay, would that be treated by Verizon support as Verizon router or would that still be considered unsupported configuration?

Thanks for your help.

--

ltodiy

Yes it will be supported because it IS a Verizon router.

View solution in original post

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you worried about the support issue?

I've been running like that for years, but there again, have never had to call support for anything..

I believe they will consider any setup that does not have their router as the primary connection not supported.

Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ltodiy wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

--

ltodiy

Yes it will be supported because it IS a Verizon router.

ltodiy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks folks, I guess, I will continue to run in unsupported mode and think about it when and if I need support.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just wanted to add to this - Although they threaten the "no support if you don't use our router" message, I have still recieved support multiple times from Verizon even when using my own router.

At least in my experience, they still attempt to check the lines and such, and are still willing to help you up to an extent. They don't cut you off entirely, its just their way of saying they can't help you if the problem does happen to be on your own router's side. In which case, feel free to post back here anytime!