Switch Account

Buying a second router

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Buying a second router

Message 1 of 4
(7,094 Views)
If I purchase a second router, is the $139.99 a one time charge or a recurring one?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Buying a second router

Message 2 of 4
(7,071 Views)

Do you mean if you purchase a router from Verizon?  If that's what you mean, it would be a one time fee. 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,995 Views)

Good Afternoon,

Any reason for the purchase of the second router are you trying to extend you network if so you can do it using a cheaper router.  Can you give us a little more info may be able to save you some cash

Sanan

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,875 Views)

I have had Fios internet for 14 months with no difficulties at all. The router is in basement, my MacBook laptop is on the first floor. Until this weekend, I have always has "5 bars", no disconnects, no error message, fast downloads, etc. Since Sunday, I either get zero bars and Airport cannot find a network or one bar that cuts out and in every few minutes and when working is agonizingly slow. If I walk the laptop to my kitchen, I get 2-3 bars, but it will still go to one and drop off. When I take it downstairs, I get all bars and it works fine. I called Verizon and we did numerous tests, changed some settings. The first person agreed it had to be the modem/router, but because it works within 10 feet (in a clear line) of the modem, they say it is normal and would not help me. After a few calls, a rep offered to send a new r/m and it is in the mail.

If necessary, if the new r/m doesn't fix the problem, I don't have a problem securing another r/m and hooking it up in my office. Can it be done? I am certain the r/m I return to Verizon will not be reused and I doubt it is under any warranty for Verizon. Will Verizon possibly sell me that old modem? Can I use an aftermarket r/m? Please tell me your thoughts and any suggestions you may have.

Thank you very much

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.