Buying a second router
ovrtedj
If I purchase a second router, is the $139.99 a one time charge or a recurring one?
0 Likes
Re: Buying a second router
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Do you mean if you purchase a router from Verizon?  If that's what you mean, it would be a one time fee. 

0 Likes
sanan77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good Afternoon,

Any reason for the purchase of the second router are you trying to extend you network if so you can do it using a cheaper router.  Can you give us a little more info may be able to save you some cash

Sanan

0 Likes
vincespence

I have had Fios internet for 14 months with no difficulties at all. The router is in basement, my MacBook laptop is on the first floor. Until this weekend, I have always has "5 bars", no disconnects, no error message, fast downloads, etc. Since Sunday, I either get zero bars and Airport cannot find a network or one bar that cuts out and in every few minutes and when working is agonizingly slow. If I walk the laptop to my kitchen, I get 2-3 bars, but it will still go to one and drop off. When I take it downstairs, I get all bars and it works fine. I called Verizon and we did numerous tests, changed some settings. The first person agreed it had to be the modem/router, but because it works within 10 feet (in a clear line) of the modem, they say it is normal and would not help me. After a few calls, a rep offered to send a new r/m and it is in the mail.

If necessary, if the new r/m doesn't fix the problem, I don't have a problem securing another r/m and hooking it up in my office. Can it be done? I am certain the r/m I return to Verizon will not be reused and I doubt it is under any warranty for Verizon. Will Verizon possibly sell me that old modem? Can I use an aftermarket r/m? Please tell me your thoughts and any suggestions you may have.

Thank you very much

0 Likes