CAN I HAVE CALLER ID SHOW UP ON MY PC 's?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I presently have Caller iD on both of my TV's.

My Plan is

Would appreciate a link to how to do it, if it can be done.

Have VZ Call Assistant softare on my PC

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: CAN I HAVE CALLER ID SHOW UP ON MY PC 's?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

"I do not have Digital Voice in my plan."

If you don't have digital voice then you should be in good luck.

You don't get it by default. So check your voice plan for something called Verizon Call assistant.

If it's not on there, then the service isn't set up and it isn't recording your calls.

So you have to go to the sign up page and sign up. (www.verizon.com/callassistant)

Once you are signed up, and have activated the account, then you can log in and your calls should be there, your vms should be there, and if you downloaded the software (Desktop client) then it should also begin displaying your calls and messages with a pop up alert.

Sometimes the pop up doesn't work if your firewall is blocking it, so you might need to go into your firewall and make sure the program is allowed with full access.  

if you have a problem with it, apparently that department has a number that has been posted on here before 888-483-5156 

I Am not sure why the digital voice service doesn't offer it, maybe not a big demand for the feature, but it's not included for the digital folks, and then they would have to do phonetray as an alternative.  Any 56 k modem would work, verizon wouldn't recommend one, but phone tray does.   Most computers still have fax modem plug ins on them. 

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

@TomH309 wrote:

I presently have Caller iD on both of my TV's.

My Plan is

Would appreciate a link to how to do it, if it can be done.

Have VZ Call Assistant software on my PC

Managing your Phone services from your TV is a digital voice feature. You can also get your voice mail, call list, and many other features. I believe with Digital Voice, VZ Call Assistant is not supported. But you gain many other features.

http://www22.verizon.com/home/phone/fiosdigitalvoice/#features

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

as stated, if you have Fios digital voice, then it does not come with that feature.

An altenative would be downloading phonetray.com software 

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do not have Digital Voice in my plan.

I can see my callers on both TV's

It seems that it  should be possible to also see that info on my PC.

Can someone give a "techie" answer as to why not ?

Thanks to all for your prompt responses.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looked into your suggestion re phonetray

this is what I found:

PhoneTray requires a modem with CallerID support and CallerID service from your phone company

How does a Modem "fit" into my present setup ?

Does VZ recommend one and how do Modem "hook" up into present configuration. ?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

"I do not have Digital Voice in my plan."

If you don't have digital voice then you should be in good luck.

You don't get it by default. So check your voice plan for something called Verizon Call assistant.

If it's not on there, then the service isn't set up and it isn't recording your calls.

So you have to go to the sign up page and sign up. (www.verizon.com/callassistant)

Once you are signed up, and have activated the account, then you can log in and your calls should be there, your vms should be there, and if you downloaded the software (Desktop client) then it should also begin displaying your calls and messages with a pop up alert.

Sometimes the pop up doesn't work if your firewall is blocking it, so you might need to go into your firewall and make sure the program is allowed with full access.  

if you have a problem with it, apparently that department has a number that has been posted on here before 888-483-5156 

I Am not sure why the digital voice service doesn't offer it, maybe not a big demand for the feature, but it's not included for the digital folks, and then they would have to do phonetray as an alternative.  Any 56 k modem would work, verizon wouldn't recommend one, but phone tray does.   Most computers still have fax modem plug ins on them. 

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for your prompt reply.

SUCCESS !

All I had to do was put my VZ Call Assistant on the Desktop.

prisaz
Legend

@TomH309 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

SUCCESS !

All I had to do was put my VZ Call Assistant on the Desktop.

Sorry. I thought caller ID on the TV was a digital voice feature. I read the subject and the message wrong. Been wrong before, be wrong again. I try, but at times I just thinks backwards. Smiley Sad

Very happy you have a solution!

NYC-HDL

Verizon recently announced that Caller Assistant was being terminated in January 2014.

So, I am looking for new solution to replace the functionalities that:

Capture incoming calls (CID, phone number, Date & Time)

Send an eMail of the captured information

Extra Options:

Log the incoming calls to a searchable database, OR

Create a downloadable CSV file with the data

Enable call blocking of specified numbers

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes