Switch Account

CMR Charges

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

CMR Charges

Message 1 of 4
(552 Views)

As with many people on this Forum, I too have had issues with a Company called CMR harrassing me about payment for replacing a cut fiber line that was only buried inches below grade.  At first I took this as a scam and called Verizon to discuss the problem.  They told me that they do NOT bill through third party companies.  They then offered to waive any charges if I signed a two year contract, which I did.  I was totally convince that CMR was a scam outfit but they sent me a letter authorizing them to process claims for damages to Verizon's property.  Assuming CMR is legitimate, there seems to be a communication issue betweeen CMR and Verizon because CMR still keeps calling and writing even though those charges should have been waved.  This needs to be resolved, Cox cable has a bundle deal that will more than make up for this charge if I'm forced to go that route!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: CMR Charges

Message 2 of 4
(545 Views)

Hi vfkeech,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(488 Views)

So - this sounds suspiciously like a stock answer.  From now forward lets focus on the part about a Verizon representative telling me that they would waive the fee if I signed a two year contract, which - as I said - I did.  Do you plan on honoring that deal and calling CMR off?  If not then can I assume I'm not locked into Verizon for the next two years and am free to switch companies?  If this is beyond your abilities please forward to your manager.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(485 Views)

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.