CMR false drop wire charge
Reaxreax
Enthusiast - Level 1
I also received a bill for $270 in the mail for a drop wire that was repaired back in August. When I received the bill I immediately got online and spoke with a representative in customer service that assured me she would take care of the bill for me and I would see it on my following September billing statement. I have screenshots of this conversation. September's statement had an additional tech fee for $50 so I sucked it up and paid it figuring it was better than $270.

It is now November and I get a call from from CMR asking if I ever received their bill from August! Apparently they know nothing about verizon fixing the issue and the representative tells me the technician wrote in his notes that it was our fault the wire came down due to work being done on the roof. There was absolutely no one on our roof at the time the wire came down. It is completely absurd that they could just take the technicians word over mine. I was at work at the time the wire snapped from the house (there was a bad thunderstorm the night before and it was windy the next day) and my husband was inside all day with our toddler. She even had the audacity to tell the tech has no notes on a storm. I even went back and looked at the weather report from that week. THERE WAS IN FACT A STORM.

To add insult to injury, the CMR rep asked for me to send her a copy of the $50 I paid so that it can credited back to me or put towards my balance. Even tho there have been several notes made on my account, it seems that there is a huge lack of communication between the financial department and CMR. I want this bill resolved (which I'm now being told it's almost up to $300 now!) And I will be canceling my service, as well as contacting the BBB. I have never in my life ever seen such horrible miscommunication within the same company! 

Re: CMR false drop wire charge
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Reaxreax,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.