COMPUTER HOOKUP
YAT1963

Does Fios/Verizon do computer hookups? I am thinking about replacing my computer with a new CPU that has Windows 10( my current has 7) and I am not that computer savvy.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: COMPUTER HOOKUP
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you want to connect your new computer to your FiOS internet service.  It's not very hard.

If you have a wired Ethernet connection, you simply need to plug in your new computer.  If your new computer doesn’t have an  Ethernet port, you’ll either need to buy an Ethernet adaptor or use WiFi.

For WiFi, Windows 10 will show you available networks during the initial setup.  Find your FiOS network, click connect, enter the passphrase and you’ll be online.  If you don’t know your passphrase it should be printed on the side of your Verizon router.  You can also retrieve it from the My Verizon website.

Windows help has good information about how to setup network connections, too.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Re: COMPUTER HOOKUP
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you want to connect your new computer to your FiOS internet service.  It's not very hard.

If you have a wired Ethernet connection, you simply need to plug in your new computer.  If your new computer doesn’t have an  Ethernet port, you’ll either need to buy an Ethernet adaptor or use WiFi.

For WiFi, Windows 10 will show you available networks during the initial setup.  Find your FiOS network, click connect, enter the passphrase and you’ll be online.  If you don’t know your passphrase it should be printed on the side of your Verizon router.  You can also retrieve it from the My Verizon website.

Windows help has good information about how to setup network connections, too.

Good Luck.