CUSTOMER SERVICE
PAULISNOTHAPPY

I have a bad power supply so my fios doesnt work. I can only call from work so I cant stay on hold for an hour. I tried 3 times to call and was on hold for 30 or so minutes each time. I tried the live chat and the agent was not very bright and the whole thing ended up being a waste of time. How does one get ahold of Verizon when they don't have phone service because the power supply Verizon installed in my house is a piece of junk? Is it time to switch to Cox or is someone out there ever going to make it so people can contact other people and explain thier problem and get it fixed?

0 Likes
Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
daninhim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem, and the Verizon automatic troubleshooter is NOT the answer. Explain how I'm supposed to determine why my Internet is down...when my Internet is down?????

Over the past month our FIOS internet connection has gone down SIX times. Each time, power cycling the router did nothing. Since I had NO Internet in the house the only solutions were either phone (and sitting on hold for over 30 minutes each time) or the Live chat via my iPhone. The Live Chat was sometimes successful, sometimes not. And each time I reached someone, the tech determined he had to "reset something on his end" to get my connection back. Finally, last weekend a Verizon tech came to the house and replaced both my router AND the unit in the garage (no idea what it's called). And yet, it happened again tonight. Luckily the tech showed me where the plug is on the unit in the garage, and unplugging it and plugging it back in fixed the problem. But this is getting ridiculous. 

A. Why the hell does this keep happening?

B. Why the hell is Verizon tech support so completely impossible to reach? I gave up Comcast for this? Comcast occasionally went down, but I NEVER had a problem reaching a human within a couple of minutes when I would call. Verizon, your support process IS PATHETIC.

I actually planned on emailing Verizon Customer Support with this complaint, but I can't even find a place on the Verizon website to do this!!!!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure what options you guys are using to get through the phone system, but I've never had hold times that long. I called just last week because a power surge had taken out our BBU, and was on hold for less than a minute before the automated line test started, and that only took 5 minutes or so. Then it transferred me to an agent, we did some basic troubleshooting, and he scheduled a dispatch. The whole call took less than 30 minutes.

Are you guys calling 1-800-VERIZON? What options are you selecting from there?

0 Likes