CUSTOMER SUPPORT HUNG UP ON ME AFTER WAITING FOR AN HOUR - NEED HELP SETTING UP A NETGEAR ROUTER
whyverizon11

I'm extremely dissatisfied with the customer support that Verizon offers. I have gone through these automated robots' hoops just to be on hold for an hour to speak to a representative named Anjay. Anjay says he cannot hear me, but the automated robot could? So Anjay says "Since I cannot hear you, I am required to hang up". I'm saying on the other line "Please don't do this to me, I've been on hold for so long. I know you can hear me". Anjay pauses for a second, then repeats his scripted line, "Since I cannot hear you, I am required to hang up". Maybe he couldn't hear me being in whatever country Verizon outsourced their customer service to so there was a connection issue?? However, the entire conversation was recorded so that seems very unlikely. This is absolutely absurd and extremely unprofessional. This kind of service is what makes a company lose business. All I need is help with setting up a Netgear router because the current router Verizon offers does not extend very far in my household, yet it is impossible to get ahold of anyone??? Now I'm worried that I won't be able to get ahold of anyone to cancel my service so I can switch to AT&T! What am I supposed to do here??

0 Likes
Re: CUSTOMER SUPPORT HUNG UP ON ME AFTER WAITING FOR AN HOUR - NEED HELP SETTING UP A NETGEAR ROUTER
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry for your frustration, but do not identify the name of the Customer Service Representative since it is a violation of the Forum policy.

Furthermore, Verizon does not provide assistance on non-Verizon equipment. If you use a third-party router, your Fios support ends at the ONT.

You can post your question here though, and somebody here will try to help you.

0 Likes
Re: CUSTOMER SUPPORT HUNG UP ON ME AFTER WAITING FOR AN HOUR - NEED HELP SETTING UP A NETGEAR ROUTER
jonjones1
Legend

Like other poster stated no support for routers not of Verizon. G1100 or G3100

however if you have/had Ethernet for your internet (depends on your speed purchased) it would be just plug the netgear router into the ont via the Ethernet line and just fire it up. This however does not work if you have other services like phone and tv.  Verizon does not support other routers and in fact netgear routers depending on the model may not function unless behind a Verizon router.

the installer should have explained this to you on date of install.

0 Likes