Cable card + Own router question
Timothevs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, 

I have been using a Cable Card to get FiOS Select HD via HDHomeRun Prime on my Windows HTPC. I have also been using MI424WR for 50/50 FiOS internet. 

The cabling is as follows:-

From ONT -> Coax cable to splitter ->(1) to HDHomeRun Prime with Cable Card (from here an ethernet cable to router).

-> (2) to MI424WR for Internet access (router)

I am wondering if I can completely replace the MI424WR with a different router and have an ethernet cable from the ONT into the WAN port of the new Router? The TV etc should not be affected since I don't have VOD and FiOS Guide Data in the first place (it is all provided by Microsoft). 

Would this work? Does anyone have htis working?

0 Likes
Re: Cable card + Own router question
Nick_L1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Timothevs wrote:

Hi, 

I have been using a Cable Card to get FiOS Select HD via HDHomeRun Prime on my Windows HTPC. I have also been using MI424WR for 50/50 FiOS internet. 

The cabling is as follows:-

From ONT -> Coax cable to splitter ->(1) to HDHomeRun Prime with Cable Card (from here an ethernet cable to router).

-> (2) to MI424WR for Internet access (router)

I am wondering if I can completely replace the MI424WR with a different router and have an ethernet cable from the ONT into the WAN port of the new Router? The TV etc should not be affected since I don't have VOD and FiOS Guide Data in the first place (it is all provided by Microsoft). 

Would this work? Does anyone have htis working?

That'll work just fine, but you'll have to call repair to have a representative switch you from MoCA to Ethernet first. 

0 Likes