Cable installed on lawn
lectric

The tech told me that I have to hire an outside company to have the cable buried. I am a little confused as I though all wiring from utility to home was Verizon's responsibility. What can I do about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cable installed on lawn
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe the answer varies depending on where you are located, but for me, in one case, Verizon buried the cable and on a second install, Verizon hired an outside contractor when they couldn't get to it quickly enough. Also, my first install was just a fairly small cable that was buried. In the second case, they ran about an inch in diameter flexible plastic conduit to my house and then pulled the fiber through that. I didn't pay for either one. That was quite a while ago though, so maybe that's changed.

View solution in original post

Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe the answer varies depending on where you are located, but for me, in one case, Verizon buried the cable and on a second install, Verizon hired an outside contractor when they couldn't get to it quickly enough. Also, my first install was just a fairly small cable that was buried. In the second case, they ran about an inch in diameter flexible plastic conduit to my house and then pulled the fiber through that. I didn't pay for either one. That was quite a while ago though, so maybe that's changed.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lectric,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes