Cable to connect battery to ONT

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Cable to connect battery to ONT

Message 1 of 3
(624 Views)

Hello,

As the title suggests, I'm missing the cable that connects the battery to the ONT. I recently moved into my house and both the battery and cable were missing to the ONT. I purchased a new battery, but now I cannot connect the battery to the ONT. Is there a way to get the cable through Verizon?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Cable to connect battery to ONT

Message 2 of 3
(605 Views)

@haveadaytoday wrote:

Hello,

As the title suggests, I'm missing the cable that connects the battery to the ONT. I recently moved into my house and both the battery and cable were missing to the ONT. I purchased a new battery, but now I cannot connect the battery to the ONT. Is there a way to get the cable through Verizon?

I am not certain if this response applys. I understand from another help site that verizon no longer installs bbu’s so it may be the case. Is everything else functioning as it should? If it is i wouldn’t worry about it. If its making noise then call verizon to come look at the ONT .

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Cable to connect battery to ONT

Message 3 of 3
(563 Views)

Most likely the previous owner took out the battery and cut the cable.

Battery only supplies power for landline phone use during a power outage.

If you are looking for service while power is out for TV or internet, you would need to connect to a small home ups instead.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.