Call Assistant upgrade fails
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I received an upgrade to Call Assistant this morning.  The first attempt failed attempting to delete the old version.  I restarted the old version and got the prompt again so this time gave it some time between the upgrade prompts - guess the remove old version didn't bother waiting after the initial notification that VCA was already running and was it OK to shut it down.

Now I can't sign in and the forgot id/password button point to a non existant page.

Wonder how they QA some of this stuff.

I can log on to the current VCA user page using the same credentials.

Anyone else have the same issue or a suggestion on how to resolve it.?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call Assistant upgrade fails
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon tech appear to have resolved the VCA issues for the pc and web page clients as of 10am 3/31

View solution in original post

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess VZ are aware of the issue and the "technicians" are working on it.

I finally uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled it and then it sort of comes up, however stays I am offline, and there are no call logs in it and every few minutes it says signon failed and then finally after about an hour just goes away.

0 Likes
jellybelly20708
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are not alone. I cannot believe how poor their software is and not only their so called "call assistant." Even the name that they choose to call it is very misleading. I can only figure that the s/w is being thrown together without and use of standing coding procedures and testing.

Jim

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon tech appear to have resolved the VCA issues for the pc and web page clients as of 10am 3/31

0 Likes