Caller ID on TV and using your own Router
richman105

I am using a UBNT USG router as primary. I have the FIOS router as 2nd Router for TV's. All seems to work fine but the Caller ID on TV and remote DVR (but i don't really use that), and the mobile App controlling TV since the tv's aren't on the same subnet.  

My primary question is regarding caller ID on TV. I saw the post with teh ports that needed to be forwarded but that doesn't seem to work in my situation.  I called up verizon and in our area they do allow the ethernet ports to be active.  I tried and it does work, the TVs get on my local subnet, and tvguide/dvr/all works. even the remote DVR and mobile app remote controller works since on the same subnet. however the callerID on TV still doesn't work in this scenario.  I even added again the ports that needed to be forwarded to each tv mimicking the port fwd rules from the fios router.  does the caller id on tv require the FIOS router? or is it simply sending data and port forwarding to the TV IP should work? i would think it would, as the fios router is just port forwarding the rules to the TV, unless for some reason it has to go over MOCA.  any thoughts. thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Caller ID on TV and using your own Router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you read the thread at the top of this forum on using your own router?

If so and still have an issue, PM justin who wrote the post and ask him for help.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you read the thread at the top of this forum on using your own router?

If so and still have an issue, PM justin who wrote the post and ask him for help.

huntergts

I have the same issue.  Were you able to resolve it? I wasn't able to run the caller id troubleshoot without the wan port on the g1100 connected, but even with it connected the caller id will not display.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes