Can I ask verizon for a modem instead of modem/router combo?
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Okay so I think this modem/router has something do with my ps3 conflicting problems. I only get Nat Type 2 on my router when I should be getting nat type 1 because I am connected directly from wired. Why does verizon want to give a modem/router anyways they just suck. 

0 Likes
Re: Can I ask verizon for a modem instead of modem/router combo?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

They don't have such a thing in the fios world. 

You can, however enable upnp in the router, or do your port forwarding rules so that it fixes that problem.,

www.simpleportforwarding.com is an automated tool that will do it for you, and it's free, or you can follow the instructions below. 

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

I did forward my ports already and still get Nat 2. Nat 1 means directly connected so I should have Nat 1 because I am directly connected to the router. My UPNP is on I think this is what UPNP mean... Universal plug and play right? If so yes image

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

hello anything else I can do to get nat type 1 than?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

There really is no need for type 1.  Type 2 is fine for anything you might want to do with your PS3

skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

I can't download games off psn I keep getting error 80029564. That means corrupted data an I tried everything else and redownloading the games atleast 30 times and no success. So nat type 1 might help.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@skyliner34 wrote:

Okay so I think this modem/router has something do with my ps3 conflicting problems.

What model router do you have?

The only modem/router that VZ uses is the Westell 9100VM.  The 9100VM is used only with VDSL in MDU installations.

Any other model is a router, not a modem/router.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

I have actiontec MI424-WR Rev.E. I think it is a modem/router combo because it has internet connection giving me and it act as a router meaning I can get wifi off it but I disabled that to make my NETGEAR router work. I Also Tried to download the games with the NETGEAR router off meaning disconnect the ethernet wires from it. My ps3 is connected to the Actiontec verizon fios router. I even tried to connect just my ps3 by itself with no wifi or any other ethernet wires going out so just the coaxil wire the power cable and the ps3 ethernet cable.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@skyliner34 wrote:

I have actiontec MI424-WR Rev.E. I think it is a modem/router combo

The rev. E is a MOCA capable router.  It is not a modem.

The WAN connection on the Actiontec can be provided over cat5 or coax.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

@Anti-Phish wrote:

@skyliner34 wrote:

I have actiontec MI424-WR Rev.E. I think it is a modem/router combo

The rev. E is a MOCA capable router.  It is not a modem.

The WAN connection on the Actiontec can be provided over cat5 or coax.

I think it is a modem/router because thats where I get my internet from. I can't get my internet from anymore where else but that actiontec modem/router. It says on amazon that its a 

Verizon Actiontec MI424WR router/cable modem 

http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Actiontec-MI424WR-Router-Cable/dp/B002V75U7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=13...

0 Likes