Can I disconnect and reconnect the fiber from the ONT?
steven102

I recently had Fios installed with the small ONT (model I-211M-L) sitting on a small stand indoors. I'd like to put a cabinet where the stand is and move the ONT to it (same location). To do so I would need to disconnect the fiber, feed it through the back of the stand, and reconnect it. 

Can I do this myself or should I pay for a Verizon technician? I guess the fiber connecter just unscrews? 

0 Likes
Re: Can I disconnect and reconnect the fiber from the ONT?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Like the link above there is one underlying thing to remember. The fiber belongs to Verizon Fios, you are not allowed to move, modify or molest the equipment since it is not owned by you.

now a second thought to ponder is fiber is extremely delicate and if you break it you will be fully libel for its complete repair or replacement.

if I were you I would have Verizon move it and they assume the total risk and liability.

steven102

That's fine. I'm fine calling Verizon. My only frame of reference was my Verizon DSL experience where I was responsible for inside wiring. Nowhere in the Fios transition process was i told my inside fiber was Verizon's. Thank you for your insights. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You are very welcome.

i remember the old DSL days. I had it in my apartment when I was going to college many many many moons ago. Wire Premise Charge I think it was called.

Let Verizon do it, guarantee the work and if they screw up they are 100% responsible.

0 Likes