Switch Account

Can I get ride of the quantum router?

Can I get ride of the quantum router?

SOLVED
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 11 of 14
(409 Views)

Just as an update.  I ran the ethernet to the ONT.  Opened up the user panel.  Unplugged the small green jumper cable from the ethernet port.  Plugged my cable in.  Plugged the other end into my Ubiquiti router.  Called Verizon tech support and they switched from MOCA to Ethernet.  Everything is running and I shutdown the Quantum router.  Thanks for the help.

Contributor GeNX1
Contributor
Message 12 of 14
(352 Views)

curious if you have FIOS TV also. Do you really need the router if you have FIOS TV?

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 13 of 14
(350 Views)

I only have FIOS internet - I turned off TV and Phone a long time ago.  It is my understanding that TV will work but that you will lose a lot of the features - widgets, and such.  There are definitely other posts on that.

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14
(298 Views)

If you have FIOS STB, it is best to use FiOS router because STB needs Internet access for guide, widgets, on demand.

There is a thread about how to use your own router.

Currently there is no way to use your own router if using new FiOS TV One STB via wireless connection.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.