Can I get the free Wi Fi access on my iPodTouch?
Byzantium

Can I get the free Wi Fi access on my iPodTouch?

How do I set up the iPodTouch to access the now free Wi Fi?

I don't have a laptop so how do I avoid the download to my nonexistent laptop to activate the free WiFi?

Or is it only thru laptops?

0 Likes
Re: Can I get the free Wi Fi access on my iPodTouch?
FiOSTechAL
Enthusiast - Level 3
Verizon WiFi is not available for PDA's, phones, desktop PC's or MACs.
0 Likes
leesweet

As stated, it appears that the 'new' Vz wifi is available to PCs with wifi cards, etc, only.  I, also, thought I could use my iPhone or a Windows Mobile device, but Vz appears to not know how the average users uses devices these days.

I know about three people that will use this for a PC/Laptop (doesn't even work on Mac laptops, sheesh...), and dozens that want to use mobile devices and won't be able to use this (what we thought as a) great feature.

Looks like because you need to use Vz's software, a lot of us are out of luck.   I can't see why, once you have a login/password, any wify device can't be used.  What is the purpose (beyond control) of the Vz wifi applet/program?

Every other wifi network I know of uses the onboard radio and a login and a password, no extra software.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@FiOSTechAL wrote:
Verizon WiFi is not available for PDA's, phones, desktop PC's or MACs.
Well that eliminates almost every device out there. What does work? Laptops only? I guess if one had a good antenna and a wireless NIC, how would you know it wasn't a laptop? Here I go again talking about the half empty glass. Sorry.
0 Likes