Switch Account

Can I move my router to another room?

Can I move my router to another room?

Contributor daniel0312
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(25,136 Views)

I have 3 coax cable outlets in 3 different rooms.

Currently the router is located in the main level by being connected with one of the coax cable outlet.

I want to move the router to another room upstair, just want to make sure if I can just plug in the router to the coax cable outlet in that room.

Are these three coax cable outlets all activated?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(25,109 Views)

@daniel0312 wrote:

I have 3 coax cable outlets in 3 different rooms.

Currently the router is located in the main level by being connected with one of the coax cable outlet.

I want to move the router to another room upstair, just want to make sure if I can just plug in the router to the coax cable outlet in that room.

Are these three coax cable outlets all activated?

thanks

Try it and see if you get an ip address.

So long as all the coax connectors are on the same coax network that the router is currently on it should work OK

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 4
(25,074 Views)

If you have FIOS TV working at the location you want to move the router you can relocate the router to that location.

If necessary use a two way splitter with one leg to the router and the other to the STB.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 4 of 4
(25,003 Views)

If the coax lines are all connected to your service and the liine is active then yes you can just simply unplug the router and move it to where you want.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.