Can I setup Fios by myself
kira89

I ordered FIOS Internet on 9/17 (I don't watch TV, nor do I need a home phone) and they said that the soonest appt. time for a tech to come out and "install" was on the 26th. I was willing to wait because the router I'm renting hadn't shown up yet. However, UPS delivered it this morning.  I just moved into this place a couple days ago, and the people who lived here before me had FIOS service, so I know and can see all the boxes that are already installed. I telework from home because I have 2 kids under 5yrs that are not in daycare. I basically need to know if there is a way for me to setup the service without a tech, because if I can't get online and telework, then I can't work. So I need this ASAP!! Someone please help.

0 Likes
Re: Can I setup Fios by myself
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model No. ?
Router
Software ?
PC Operating System
Browser
Tell us when you have all the equipment.

Good idea to record all Serial Numbers,Passwords and Model Numbers.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as the ONT is turned on and active, you can probably call VZ and ask them to push it through since you have equipment. You'll be on the hook for connecting up either Coax or Ethernet (more preferred) to your ONT though.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quite likely, yes. My son and his wife moved into a house that already had FiOS from the previous owners. When he placed his order, it was understood that he could do a self installation. His connection was already active when he plugged in the router. (He also knew where the previous owners had their router. We also knew where the ONT was in the basement as well. We ended up rerouting the coax to a better place for his furniture/TV, but first we made the that the service was up.

There is an activation screen and setup to go through, but no technician was involved. What I don't know is if he asked for a self-install kit or that's just what he got. Start here if you want to try it yourself.  Honestly, the worse that will happen is that it won't work and you really will have to wait for the technician. I can't see why that would be the case though.

0 Likes