Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Can I use two FIOS network extenders?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use two FIOS network extenders?

Message 1 of 3
(4,608 Views)

I currently have FIOS/Actiontech advanced router, and one FIOS network extender. The one extender improves wifi at distance from router using same network.

Question - can I use a second FIOS network extender to provide limited wifi access for guests?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can I use two FIOS network extenders?

Message 2 of 3
(4,598 Views)

Yes, you can use upto 3 extenders.  

If you mean segment what you already have, then yes.  Is reserve the 5.8GHz for you and your family and stick everyone else on the 2.4

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can I use two FIOS network extenders?

Message 3 of 3
(4,529 Views)

Yes, thank you - I'd like to use what I have, the Verizon router and the network extender, to give my long-term guests (family of four) decent internet access (will the 2.4 be sufficient?) while ensuring my own family of four has service that's at least as good, and of course better security for me and mine.

Is there a link to a help article to walk me through the process of setting this up?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.