Switch Account

Can my set-top box and wireless modem both plug into the wall at the same place?

Can my set-top box and wireless modem both plug into the wall at the same place?

Contributor twesterm
Contributor
The way my home is if my set-top box and cable model have to be plugged into the cable outlet at different ports my set-top box must be plugged in near my TV and my modem must be plugged into my living room. In general, this is fine since I get a signal everywhere in my place but I would really like my game consoles to wired and not wireless. Is there a way I can have my set-top box and my modem both plugged into the same cable output from my wall?
2 REPLIES 2
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

I don't see why not.  Use a 5-1000MHz (or better) 2-way cable splitter from the wall jack so one line goes to the set top box, and the other goes to the modem/router.

Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Just make sure that the splitter that you use is a bi-directional splitter, not a uni-directional since the Verizon system needs communication in both directions.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.