Can not connect to certain website
SoCalDoughboy

Well for a few weeks I was able to go on a website... Now all of the sudden I cant get on there... I have had this problem with this site before... I know that the site isnt down cause I can see it just fine with my phone... When I had this problem originally I lowered the settings on my firewall and I was able to use it fine... I havent touched it since... Now as of yesterday I cant get on to the site... At first it came up with a DNS error... I tried reseting my router to the default settings and it didnt work... When I try to go to the site it loads like one little status bar and stays there then it takes me to bing and has the website as the first link i click on it then it eventually says internet explorer can not display this page and it also has the diagnostic button i click it and everything comes back successful so I dont know what to do or how to fix it... Please help...

0 Likes
Re: Can not connect to certain website
Twiggy114

I don't think there is anything you can do to fix it. Because I'm having the same issue. I restarted my computer, restarted my browser, restarted my router and nothing worked. Just about every page I wanted to visit was slow or just didn't load. I went ahead and used my phone as a hot spot and I was able to load every page. So as of now I'm using my phone to connect to the internet. I sure hope they fix this issue soon. 

0 Likes
Re: Can not connect to certain website
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Doughboy:

could be a couple of differnet issues.

My first guess would be that if the error that came back was a DNS error, I would try another DNS server. Many people here like to use opendns.org. I'd first try to use another DNS server and see what happens.

If that doesnt work, try running a tracert so we can see if there is a hop issue going on.

Finally, it could be a website that is blocking the IP address you are using. Turn your router off overnight and hopefully you'll pull a new IP and be able to get back on.

Twiggy:

Your having a diffent issue. He can go everywhere but one page. You can go everywhere but are slow. For your's I'd start with a speedtest.    www.speedtest.net  www.speakeasy.com/speedtest   http://speedtest.verizon.net

0 Likes