Can not connect to certain website

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can not connect to certain website

Message 1 of 3
(2,875 Views)

Well for a few weeks I was able to go on a website... Now all of the sudden I cant get on there... I have had this problem with this site before... I know that the site isnt down cause I can see it just fine with my phone... When I had this problem originally I lowered the settings on my firewall and I was able to use it fine... I havent touched it since... Now as of yesterday I cant get on to the site... At first it came up with a DNS error... I tried reseting my router to the default settings and it didnt work... When I try to go to the site it loads like one little status bar and stays there then it takes me to bing and has the website as the first link i click on it then it eventually says internet explorer can not display this page and it also has the diagnostic button i click it and everything comes back successful so I dont know what to do or how to fix it... Please help...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can not connect to certain website

Message 2 of 3
(2,852 Views)

I don't think there is anything you can do to fix it. Because I'm having the same issue. I restarted my computer, restarted my browser, restarted my router and nothing worked. Just about every page I wanted to visit was slow or just didn't load. I went ahead and used my phone as a hot spot and I was able to load every page. So as of now I'm using my phone to connect to the internet. I sure hope they fix this issue soon. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Can not connect to certain website

Message 3 of 3
(2,797 Views)

Doughboy:

could be a couple of differnet issues.

My first guess would be that if the error that came back was a DNS error, I would try another DNS server. Many people here like to use opendns.org. I'd first try to use another DNS server and see what happens.

If that doesnt work, try running a tracert so we can see if there is a hop issue going on.

Finally, it could be a website that is blocking the IP address you are using. Turn your router off overnight and hopefully you'll pull a new IP and be able to get back on.

Twiggy:

Your having a diffent issue. He can go everywhere but one page. You can go everywhere but are slow. For your's I'd start with a speedtest.    www.speedtest.net  www.speakeasy.com/speedtest   http://speedtest.verizon.net

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.