Can not connect to midtowncomics.com on Mac
fmarano1

I just switched over to Fios on Friday and noticed that I can no longer access midtowncomics.com directly from my Macbook.  I can however access the site using wi-fi on my iPhone, on my Windows XP PC, or if I use a Web Proxy like sneakoff.info on my Mac.  The problem is definitely not my machine since I can access the site without a problem using my tethered Verizon Blackberry.  I also tried my finance's Macbook and was also not able to connect to the site, and I gave my cousin a call who has both a Mac and Fios and he had the same exact problem which rules out my internal network.  At this point I'm thinking this is a Verizon support issue, but I wanted to get a idea how many other people are having the same problem and if any of them have a solution before I make the call. 

0 Likes
Re: Can not connect to midtowncomics.com on Mac
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You might try changing your DNS servers to something different. I've heard suggested that OpenDNS is a good way to go, but haven't tried it personally. I have occasionally set 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2 as my alternate DNS server when I'm having trouble. If you need assistance in how to change these settings let me know. (Tech support *should* be able to walk you through it, but I certainly can't make any promises.)

0 Likes
fmarano1

If it was a DNS issue, I would not be able to connect on my iPhone (via Wi-Fi) or my Windows XP PC either since they are using the same DNS. 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@fmarano1 wrote:

If it was a DNS issue, I would not be able to connect on my iPhone (via Wi-Fi) or my Windows XP PC either since they are using the same DNS. 

Unless you had different settings on the Mac than the others. It's just a suggestion, you can try it or you can not. Up to you.

0 Likes