Can not remote in to my home PC from any computer outside my own network.
Hereinri

I was able to remote in to my home PC from work and a friends house ( he is on the Verizon network ) I was having a issue with the Verizon router and had to have it replaced. I went in and set the DMZ to the PC I remote into and was unable to remote in. I have tried setting a static IP and also Port Forwarding - Still nothing. Verizon tech support told me I was beat as they only care about me getting the Internet not getting in to my home. I have installed a clean copy of my OS and disabled all firewalls. Does anyone ever run into this?

0 Likes
Re: Can not remote in to my home PC from any computer outside my own network.
Hereinri

I have also tried opening up ports 3389 and seeing if I could get in the port via www.canyouseeme.org connection refused

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

port forwarding works ok for me using the 9100OEM - Westell

assign a local host as 192.168.1.xxx   assuming your router is 192.168.1.1

user derfined protocol TCP any -> 3389

UDP any->3389

forward to port same as incoming

schedule always

If you're trying to remote into a machine not on the router subnet you will need to define the next router as a static address and forward 3389 to that static address and on the next router build a similar forwarding rule.

Surprisingly it let's me test it by running mstsc to my external vz router address, could never do that with comcast or dsl.

0 Likes
Hereinri

Actiontec router. I have try everything but a RJ 45 connector instead of coaxial

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you remove the dmz and static nat settings??

Have you tried one of the router canned apps such as ftp or http and see if they work?  If they do then see what diffs there are in your port fowarding rules compared to the canned app - http should be exactly the same except for the port number.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Can you connect locally to this Server?

As to why, I ask..

Quick quote

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1116587665 wrote:

This will test whether the server is configured correctly.   If you can’t log in locally like this, no one from the Internet is going to be able to log in either.

#2 In the router, go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution.

#3 What is the DHCP range?

#4 When you forwarded OR used the DMZ, what IP Address did you try to forward (or DMZ) to?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

is it important to enable remote access in the router interface?  I have seen that there under advanced? 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

is it important to enable remote access in the router interface?  I have seen that there under advanced? 

NO, you most certainly DON'T want to that.

That enable remote access to the router configuration.

BikerBob

I think I've found the reason for portforwarding not working for a bunch of users.  For me, the portforwarding stopped working when my router was found dead (no lights) and the replacement one has this hard-coded setting in the port-forwarding configuration:

localhost localhost     Verizon FiOS Service – TCP Any -> 4567 All Broadband Devices Active

192.168.1.100 192.168.1.100 :63145   Verizon FiOS Service Application - TCP Any -> Any Broadband Connection (Coax) Active

Notice the second one, that cannot be disabled.  *ANY* TCP connection goes to 192.168.1.100, and this rule cannot be deleted or disabled

SO, my only option seems to be to switch back to local cable company. 😞

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BikerBob wrote:

SO, my only option seems to be to switch back to local cable company. 😞

Here are other options

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

^^^

0 Likes