Can some one help??

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can some one help??

Message 1 of 5
(6,425 Views)

I have a westel router in the Port Forwarding seting there is a line that says (unresolved) in read.. It is in the Local Address Colim Can som one  tell me what is wroung with it??   e mail me at.{edited for privacy}

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Can some one help??

Message 2 of 5
(6,414 Views)

It means that the address that you added as the local address to forward the port data to doesn't exist.

Typically to make port forwarding work correctly it helps to define static addresses for the destination machine.

I would assume that in your case you have assigned a dhcp address and that there no longer is a device at that address.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(6,359 Views)

Ok so What do i do In plain english??

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(6,334 Views)

You need to set a static IP on the machine, then you need to exclude that address from the dhcp range, then configure your port forwarding.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(6,318 Views)

1]Please go this website http://portforward.com/ .

2]Select the model of your westell router

3]Skip the advertisement.

4]Follow the instructions by selecting your pc/gaming system or whatever equipment you have in your home.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.