Re: Can somebody help me with my bridged G1100
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I did a factory reset on my x10 and I noticed I had 2 devices named hue lights. After checking the Mac addresses on the devices I realized both the g1100 and the hue lights were using the same IP address. I renamed the g1100 than unplugged my hue lights than repluged it back in and the router assigned a new IP address to the hue lights and now everything is working flawlessly. I don't know how I over looked that. I may not have ever noticed it had you not asked me how I bridged that g1100. Something so simple go figure. Thank you so much friend!

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have one more question for you so I can get your opion. Since I am only using the g1100 as a mocca to supply internet to my stb's do you think I could eliminate it completely and simply use a mocca adapter? Do you happen to know much about them?

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes! You could use a MoCA adapter in place of the G1100. The ones on amazon from Actiontec work great. They would be plug and play. 

Personally I think their overpriced for what they do, but if you paying to rent the g1100 then it might be worth it in the long run. 

Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome would I need one for each STB or just one would supply it to them all. I have 3 stb's. 

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would just need one where the current G1100 is. Just connect the coax from it to the new MoCA adapter, then plug an ethernet cable from the MoCA adapter you your x10's LAN port.

Those little adapters are awesome as it's all plug and play.  The STBs may need a quick reboot after you install the new adapter so this way they get a new IP from your x10. 

Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fantastic thank you so much!  

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem! Hope everything is working good on your network from  now on!

Smiley Happy

Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well for my update it's still losing internet every night and sometime during the day. I have wireless access but can't connect to the internet. For some reason the router loses its ip settings. Under connection status it shows 0's in everything. I reboot the router and it's working again. I don't know what to do. Do I need Verizon to do something? Do you think it's something on their end? Any ideas? Thank you! Also do you think I should enable IGMP proxying? Not sure what that does. I tried looking it up but I'm not smart enough to understand what exactly it does lol. 

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well apparently the router gave the hue lights the same IP address as my g1100 again. So I changed the ip range so it wouldn't do it again and it's been 2 days now and it's working great! Hopefully this matter has been resolved!

0 Likes