Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Can someone explain what these 5 connections refer to?

danny84
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone explain what these 5 connections refer to?

Message 1 of 3
(1,680 Views)

Especially, what's the difference between the first three.

vz.png

2 REPLIES 2
cyberdome
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Can someone explain what these 5 connections refer to?

Message 2 of 3
(1,656 Views)

the first two are probably connections to the home network. the first one should provide DHCP to the home network. default gateway is 192.168.1.1 and then whatever the computers are.  the broadband connection is for the external network so that the router can communicate with the outside world.  the third one wireless provides connectivity wireless to the home.  I am not sure if people are still using PPoE.  ppoe is kinda old now. Verizon does not use it anymore.

Anti-Phish
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Can someone explain what these 5 connections refer to?

Message 3 of 3
(1,648 Views)

1)  Network (Home/Office) refers to your LAN.  As the connection type indicates, it is a bridge that allows the different LAN media (MOCA LAN, ethernet, wireless) to communicate.

2)  Ethernet/coax is the interface to the ethernet switch which supports the 4 LAN ports and the MOCA LAN interface.

3)  Broadband Connection is your WAN interface.  This is the interface which allows the router to communicate with the ONT, either via coax or cat5.

4)  Wireless Access Point is obvious.

5)  Some very old FIOS installs still use PPPoE instead of DHCP.  You don't have PPPoE since this column is disabled.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title