Can't Access DVR via Internet
JohhnyB

I'm setting up a home security camera system and would like to access it via the internet. I was successful getting to the DVR on my LAN but not outside it (WAN). I have a Actiontec router - model GT704WGB.  I followed the instructions I found on this site but must of missed something. I assigned the DVR a static IP address internally and set the port to 8088 and server to 6036. I went into the routers security section and then applications and built the rule there for both 8088 and 6036 TCP, UPP. but I can still not get to it. I called verizon phone support  but they had no idea. Any help would be greatly appricated.

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can't Access DVR via Internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

How is the port forwarding set up in the router? When setting up the port forwarding rules in the FiOS routers you must set the Source Port (basically, the port being used to send the request into your network) to "ANY" and the second value, basically the actual port forwarding entry must be defined to what you've tried setting. Check over this.

For example: TCP Any -> 1234

Will allow any device making a request to 1234 via TCP to pass data to the network. On the other hand, TCP 1234 -> 1234 will only allow a device using TCP and sending on port 1234 to talk to your device. This will very, very rarely happen.

0 Likes
JohhnyB

It is not a FIOS router, does that still apply?

thanks

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes