Can't Connect To Wifi

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Can't Connect To Wifi

Message 1 of 19
(14,552 Views)
I have been unable to connect my xbox, ps3, ipad or other devices wirelessly to my main network for a month and a half now. I have spoken to three techs, recieved a new router, rebooted who knows how many times and am NOT the only one experiencing this problem. I have the actiontec fios router and it was working fine until a couple months ago. Anybody have ideas?
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Can't Connect To Wifi

Message 2 of 19
(14,546 Views)

Are you able to see your wireless network name(SSID)? Can you see other wireless network names(SSID)?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 19
(14,508 Views)
Yes. I can see every network and connect just fine but once i connect to the main network (fios router) I cant get any sort of internet. Yes, i entered the wep key correctly, i've rebooted several times and its just the main router i cant get internet from. Ethernet works fine, just cant wifi. Also, i tried changing the channels in the settings to no avail.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 19
(14,506 Views)

Change the wireless to use WPA2 on the router instead of WEP.  Many newer devices have trouble dealing with the antiquated (and security broken) 40-bit WEP which is the default for the router.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 19
(14,501 Views)
Still nothing...
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 19
(14,492 Views)

Keep in mind the WPA2 keys are case sensitive, unlike most WEP keys which can technically be entered in either way. It's also a suggestion to check MAC filtering and to change the Radio mode to "Wireless G" devices only, or a G/N mode.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 19
(14,486 Views)
Ive tried everyones suggestions and I appreciate the feedback, but still I have no internet through wifi. This makes zero sense. Shame...
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 8 of 19
(14,485 Views)

Turn off the encryption all together. connect to your wireless again. see if you can connect then. If you are unable to connect still, then it's time to get down to the basics. After connecting back to the Verizon router. Test via pinging a web site. google.com, then ping 173.194.32.36(google.com ip). If you can, then your device has internet connection. Have you tried to turn off the firewall settings on the Verizon router? You also mention Main network! Do you have more then one router?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 19
(14,482 Views)
Yeah i have more than one but i added them once i couldn't connect to the Actiontec. I know they arent the source. I'll try the encryption and firewall settings. I appreciate the advice guys. It just sucks i have to go through this even though I changed NOTHING on the settings.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 19
(14,481 Views)
Nope, tried everyones suggestions. Still cant connect wirelessly on any device. I can connect on my new routers but not the Fios Actiontec. They should send a tech or something, this is bonkers.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.